Middle School Students
Francis Bacon said, “Knowledge is power.” The focus of the middle school years is to expand the well of knowledge which can be drawn from in later years and lay the groundwork for self-directed learning:
• Building a solid foundation in math
• Exposure to a variety of literature
• Introductory explorations in science
• Honing of reading and writing skills
• Time to develop personal interests
Required skills are balanced with time allowed to develop interests and each student has a hand in designing their own curriculum. We’ll set up a Core Curriculum Plan for older students to help them set clear goals for the year. Older middle school students have the option to come to Learning Outpost for individual tutoring, small group activities and special classes.
Visit our catalog of curriculum ideas to spark your imagination!